[mythtv-users] 8400GS for bluray?

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 18:06:17 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Zuriel <elpinkus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ffmpeg -i inputfile.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec copy outputfile.mp4
>
> ffmpeg will automatically pick the right container format from the output
> filename.
>
> You might also try:
>
> ffmpeg -i inputfile.mkv -vcodec copy -an outputfile.mp4
>
> This will give you video and no sound. Just for testing purposes, to see if
> the sound might be causing an issue somehow.
>
> As far as troubleshooting does, I'd try a different player and then software
> decoding to see what results I get. And make sure deinterlacing is turned
> off.

That worked great.  I first tried copying the video and it played
without any stutters or dropping frames.  I then tried both audio and
video but ffmpeg threw an error:

<snip>
    Stream #0.0(eng): Video: libx264, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR
16:9], q=2-31, 1k tbn, 1k tbc
    Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: 0x0000, 48000 Hz, 6 channels
    Metadata:
      title           : Lossless
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
  Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?)
<snip>

Is this because the audio track is DTS-HD MA?

This however worked:

ffmpeg -i title.mkv -vcodec copy -ar 48000 test.mp4

This was able to play in mythtv without any audio or video issues at
all.  It looked great.  I wonder why the .mkv had serious issues?

At any rate, it seems to be working with .mp4 files!

Thanks everyone for the help!