[mythtv-users] Elgato DVB, Netstream

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 16:31:50 UTC 2011

Matt Boyd wrote:
>... though at a price.

Like much that is Elgato related, not exactly the cheapest stuff
around - but then I've had two of their other devices and used to use
EyeTV before switching to Myth. I'd rate it as reasonably good stuff
and the older bits I have are solidly built.

But if you add the "sat free" box to make it dual tuner, it doesn't
look too bad cost wise - more than a USB or PCIe option, but then you
get flexibility and less cabling !

>I'm sure enough that it will work with the apple components. I'd
>like to know if its compatible with the hdhomerun option in myth
>which is my primary goal with the device.

As already said, it won't be compatible with HDHomeRun code. It'll
need someone to work out how to drive it and write a module to suit.
That means someone with the desire and cash - plus time and skills.
I'm afraid I'm not in a position to sponsor development, much as I'd
like to.

--
Simon Hobson