[mythtv-users] sanity check of recorded seek?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 8 12:46:32 UTC 2011

On 07/07/2011 05:55 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> My recordedseek table has 4,975,518 rows in it.  I understand that a
> single recording can produce many rows in this table but still, 5M rows
> seems like much.

It's not too much.  You'll generally have 1 row per 1/2 second of
recorded video.  I have 10.8M.

> Does anyone have a quickie little mysql statement to test that every one
> of those 5M rows is for a currently recorded/stored program?

MythTV cleans up that table every single day, so if you happen to have
any orphans, they're removed within a day.  So, don't worry about it.

As a matter of fact, MythTV cleans up basically the entire
database--with the exception of recording metadata--so no need to
manually clean anything unless you're deleting recording files using the
command line or some other tool outside of MythTV (in which case you
really need to start using MythTV to delete recordings :).

Mike