[mythtv-users] Comcast changed the channel

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:32:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/08/2011 09:17 AM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>>> So, the lineup from ScheduleDirect always included the channel number
>>> 71.  It was changed by Comcast.   I just deleted the channel, and ran
>>> mythfilldatabase as requested by the mythtv-setup script when i quit setup.
>>>
>>> The channel now has OWN schedules.  I guess I thought this was
>>> automated.  why should i have to delete the channel to reflect a network
>>> / call sign change.
>> You probably didn't *have* to except that mythfilldatabase pre-loads about
>> two weeks of scheduling information to work it's magic.  I imagine the
>> schedule information would have eventually been replaced with the right
>> information, probably on each daily run updating the next day's information.
>>   You kinda just forced the issue by deleting the channel.
>
> And you really need to use --dd-grab-all after any change to channels or
> Video Sources.  You /should/ use it every single day if you have a
> sufficiently-powerful master backend and database server host.  See
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426 and
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/449416#449416 .
>
> Mike

if I have one SD lineup with three sources on my system, will
--dd-grab-all make Myth add all the lineup channels to all my sources?
this is the issue I've had lately. I have three sources setup: QAM,
Firewire, and HDPVR. Each has a different set of the channels in my
overall lineup. When mythfilldatabase adds channels to my QAM or
Firewire lineups that they can't receive I end up with a bunch of
0-byte recordings since those tuners have higher priority than my
HDPVR. So far the only way I've found to avoid this is to manually
update my channels and then go through the database with phpmyadmin to
clean out the channels. its a major PITA so I try and do it as
selectively as possible.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!