[mythtv-users] Elgato DVB, Netstream

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jul 8 14:54:07 UTC 2011

On 7/8/2011 05:22, Matt Boyd wrote:

> Just noticed the m3u option in mythtv-setup when I was setting up the
> hdhomerun I picked up today. Looks promising but as I got the
> hdhomerun instead I'll set up transcoding to view recordings.

The 'm3u' option you mention is for a specific few IPTV providers, whose
broadcasts are handled as unencrypted multicast streams.  The m3u
playlist is to list the available channels MythTV can access.  While
possible, it is doubtful that the Netstream operates in this fashion.

Also, please bottom post on this mailing list.