[mythtv-users] Comcast changed the channel

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 8 19:28:53 UTC 2011

On 07/08/2011 03:18 PM, Michael S. Keller wrote:
>> See here:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426
>>
>> Michael T. Dean is recommending that users with sufficiently powerful
>> backend systems add --dd-grab-all to their mythfilldatabase options to
>> get a complete refresh daily.  Had you done this, you would likely
>> have had the corrected listings within 24 hours.
> Thank you for this. This reduces my mythfilldatabase run from about six
> minutes to about two.

And means that every single day, you'll pull all 14 days of data--so
you'll always have the most-current data available.  And, since it's a
single request to Schedules Direct/TMS, it's actually easier for their
servers to handle.

So, /anyone/ who can use --dd-grab-all, should do so.  However, it will
likely be too much for some low-powered backend systems, so make sure to
test before your change the settings to use it every day.

Mike