[mythtv-users] Slave backend produces only NULL hashes

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Jul 11 00:03:26 UTC 2011

On 07/10/11 16:09, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
> 3 months ago I had reported a problem I am still facing with the slave
> backend of my mythtv system. As mentioned in
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/478168 , it
> produces only NULL hashes for all films/episodes that are added to the
> database.

Works fine this side of fb34130d3a7d.

> Is there something that I can check to remedy this problem? Is
> something missing from my system? A library?

The hash MythTV uses is not cryptographically sound, such that you might
find it implemented in some imported package.  It only uses the first
and last 64KB of a file, as a quick identifier, rather than confirmation
of an exact file.  Everything is done internally, and there is no use of
an external library.