[mythtv-users] Just upgraded to 0.25 with mixed results.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 07:08:32 UTC 2011

Hi

On Monday, 11 July 2011, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:

> The audio mode I had in 0.24 does not work in 0.25, I get silence. I had to turn of Dolby Digital and DTS before I got any sound
> at all. The test screen would play sound even when  Dolby Digital and DTS were enabled, but I got silence when I tried "Watch
> TV". With Dolby Digital and DTS off, I get stereo sound.

I consider the audio code in the current master to be of release
quality, so I am keen to troubleshoot the issue with you in that
regard.

Before I start, I have created a fixes/0.24 branch with all the audio
code found in master, there are no other changes.

Before going any further with running master, if your original issues
were mainly audio: it may be an alternative you could pursue. Will
have certainly less headaches.. If you compile it yourself get the
jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24 brnach, or use the ubuntu packages of
my repo.

With the audio configuration, make sure that in the advanced screen,
all options are back to their default (all unchecked but the HBR one)

When using solely spdif output, the default configuration is what you
need. Advanced options under most circumstances should be left
untouched unless you know precisely what your are doing.

If you get no audio when ac3 is checked, it could be that the spdif
support for your card is broken, I have put a work around those crappy
cards in the advanced audio configuration: it's force 48k spdif. Check
it.

Spdif only supports 2 channels audio. So if you do not check the AC3
box, you will be limited to stereo. In the main configuration screnn,
Check AC3 and DTS then select 5.1 in the speaker setup.