[mythtv-users] Way OT: High-speed Data Service Delivery

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:45:12 UTC 2011

> My last job, I took a 10baseT Ethernet handoff from Level3... and their
> physical delivery to me came out of a mux with OC-12 SONET on the back of
> it -- 622Mbps to the building, to give me 10.
>
> No, no one's installing T-3 *distribution* services anymore, so far as I
> know.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

Just make sure you're getting what you pay for!  My company payed Comcast a
LOT of money to run fiber directly to our main office.  We're supposed to be
getting 50Mbos synchronous.  We are getting a little less than half that.
The only way I knew how to test was to use bittorrent to grab ubuntu ISOs
and usenet to grab more free isos.  And some might be thinking, "Well no
kidding!  It's Comcast Business."  Comcast fiber is a different department
than their business department.  And I have to say, we have not had ANY
unscheduled outages.  They have had stupendous uptime.  Now if only they
could give me the bandwidth I payed for...