[mythtv-users] Suggested bitrate for transcoding HD Mpeg 2 to Mpeg 4

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 17:12:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Robert Houghton <robbadler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at my mythweb, it looks to depend on the recording. My mythcommflag
> leaves in the blank frames between cuts, so I guess if a cut appears right
> where the thumbnail is being generated, you are sol. Most of my entries that
> were generated with the script have thumbnails, some don't. It doesn't look
> channel dependent, or resolution dependent.

I didn't mark any commercial breaks manually (beyond the automatic
guesses). Guess I'm really "unlucky" as all three files I've tried so
far have the grey thumbnail.

By any chance does Myth have a way of forcing a thumbnail, as in, I
pause on a frame and hit a key? Not a huge thing, but they do make for
nice "oh yeah, that's the episode!"

Also, noticed the sound seems a little tinnier...could that be in my
ffmpeg settings? Still learning all this stuff.

Thanks.