[mythtv-users] Cannot change channels after partial lock

James Cuzella trinitronx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 07:21:59 UTC 2011

Hello!

I'm having an issue after tuning to a channel that only gets a partial lock.
 Some channels in my list have bad signal, and this is fine with me (my
antenna isn't very good & is indoors).  The problem is that if I
accidentally tune to one of these channels, I get the following message:

You should have gotten a channel lock
by now. You can continue to wait for
a signal, or you can change the
channels with Up and Down, change
input's (C), capture cards (Y), etc.

However, after getting this message, the tuner seems to lock up somehow!

Attempting to change the channel, inputs or capture cards as advised does
not do anything.  I have to press ESC, then go back to "Watch TV" for things
to work (until I hit one of these bad "landmine" channels again).

Any help with this would be appreciated!