[mythtv-users] Where is the last used channel for live tv stored?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Wed Jul 13 13:13:15 UTC 2011

On 11-07-09 05:35 PM, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 06:19:29PM +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
>>> But if I need to switch channels I would like to know in which table the last
>>> used live TV channel is stored. Then I can change the MySQL database.
>> cardinput.startchan for each defined card input in the database (this
>> includes "virtual" tuners that are created when multirec is being
>> used).
>
> Well, changing this value does not work for me. If the startchan has the value 2
> and this is the channel used for the last live TV, then changing the value to 1
> does not work. Live TV is still channel 2 and the value in the database has
> changed back from 1 to 2.
> I even stopped the backend and the frontend before I changed the values.

Is "1" a valid channel number ?

I've forgotten where you are trying to go with this.

With mythtv-0.24-fixes (latest git) on my systems here,
LiveTV does not correctly save the most recently tuned channels.
It only updates the saved channel number for the first channel
tuned on each specific tuner card.

So, if I manually enter "25" as a channel number, it will find
a tuner that knows about channel "25", tune to that channel,
and save "25" as the new number for that tuner in mysql.

But not if was already using that exact same tuner (on a different
channel) when I manually entered "25".  Bug.

I have a patch here somewhere to make it behave correctly
for my own setup.

cheers