[mythtv-users] Best distro for mythtv

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jul 14 17:30:09 UTC 2011

On 7/14/2011 13:10, John Drescher wrote:
>> I have been using gentoo as my distro for 6 years. Seems like it takes forever for mythtv package to be released. I was wondering if there is a distro that's more aggressive in releasing mythtv packages?
> I had those in my own svn overlay that I eventually migrated to github and then at some later point I migrated to a different git overlay that MarcT has. I am a contributor on that overlay but I rarely do so since it works most of the time I upgrade.

The problem I've always had with Marc's builds is that they have no
version.  You're always just reinstalling version 9999, so you can never
just let MythTV get picked up by a world update.  If you want to change
version, you have to edit your make.conf, rather than the proper method
of altering your ebuild.  It just seems like a messy way of doing things.