[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri Jul 15 09:41:07 UTC 2011

On 13/07/11 02:15, Dave Badia wrote:
> Can we get an update on the rewrite?  What features were "accepted"
> and which will make it into .25?
>
> I'm particularly interested in the coverflow feature, Have some
> construction going on at our house and I've been forced to the stone
> age of paging through my many CD binders and using a boombox.  Have to
> say that choosing music in that manner allowed me to find a lot of
> good music that I haven't listen to in a long time.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

We don't have a coverflow widget the best we have is the buttonlist
which can be themed however the themer wants. The playlist editor will
allow you to browse your music using either a tree view similar to the
current playlist editor or a grid view similar to the video gallery
view. You will be able to navigate through the music any way you chose
for example you could go Artist->Album ->Tracks or Genre->Artist->Tracks
or Year->Artist->Genre->Tracks or any other combination you can think
of. The grid view will show you album art where appropriate.

Paul H.