[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Jul 15 21:42:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Scott Stancil <hoverduck at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Verizon Fios, and they allowed me to do the self install, but after 3
> hours on the line with tech support trying to get it authenticated they had
> to send a tech out to take a look anyway.  Turns out I just needed to
> replace the coax with a higher quality cable.  Guess that's what I get for
> just using one I had lying around.

Good to know.

When I had Fios installed, the tech who came to my house said that the
cable quality was critical for Fios.  He said I shouldn't use RG59 for
anything, and that it all needed to be RG6.  (If you can easily bend
the exposed central conductor with your thumb, throw it away.)  He
replaced a bunch of my cables and splitters and even replaced the
little double sided jack in the wall plate where the cable comes into
the house interior.  All of that stuff had been working fine with
Comcast, but after the switch to Fios it wasn't good enough anymore.
I thought he was crazy, but it didn't work before that and did work
after, so, I guess he was right.

Eric