[mythtv-users] hardware considerations: fast CPU vs nvidia/vdpau?

Jason Long jlong at jasonlong.com
Sun Jul 17 19:07:15 UTC 2011

I've been happy using zotac atom/ion boards for FE with vdpau... Handles
1080p and 5.1 audio fine. Only ~15 watts idle, mini-itx, quiet, USB
thumb drive for the OS, or a SSD. My backend has quad core for
transcoding and commercial flagging and a redundant storage array for
the data, so it uses up quite a bit more power.

Jason