[mythtv-users] [RESOLVED] Re: "Upcoming Recordings" list empty shortly after upgrade from 0.23.1 to 0.24.1

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Sun Jul 17 21:50:18 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Manuel McLure <manuel at mclure.org> wrote:
> I upgraded MythTV on Friday from 0.23.1 (SVN 26437) to 0.24.1 (GIT
> 6dfda22ae71fe98219f6f70f539a85a9249360dd). This is on a 64-bit Gentoo
> system, using the official ebuilds from the MythTV git. The database
> upgrade worked fine, and everything seemed OK for a couple of days
> until I just attempted to schedule a new recording through MythWeb
> (also upgraded to 0.24.) As soon as I saved the schedule, the
> following appeared at the top of the MythWeb window:
>
> Warning at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/modules/tv/detail.php, line 310:
> !!NoTrans: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()!!
>
> Since then, whenever I bring up the "Upcoming Recordings" page in
> MythWeb, it is empty and the following message shows up at the top:
>
> Warning at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/modules/tv/upcoming.php, line 95:
> !!NoTrans: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()!!
>
> Also, the "upcoming recordings" screen in Mythfrontend is also empty.
> When I look at program listings for programs that should be recorded,
> it also does not show them as needing to be recorded.
>
> I looked at the database, and the record table has 65 records, and the
> recordmatch table has 1217 records. Many of the entries in recordmatch
> have dates prior to today (as old as 2011-07-09) and NULL values for
> oldrecduplicate, recduplicate, findduplicate and oldrecstatus.
>
> mysqlcheck shows no problems.
>
> How can I resolve this?
>
> Thanks!

I managed to resolve this. I ran "mythbackend --testsched" and it gave
the following error:

QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
Database error was:
Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_5bd9_0.MYI'; try to repair it

Further examination showed that my root partition (where /tmp is) was
pretty full, so MySQL was running out of space for the temporary
table. I changed the "tmpdir" setting in /etc/mysql/my.cnf to point to
/var/tmp (where there's plenty of free space) and also enlarged my
root partition (just in case) and now everything is looking good. So
the moral of this story is to ensure that MySQL has plenty of space
available in the directory pointed to by "tmpdir".
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,