[mythtv-users] Using MythTV Events to redirect recordings to gnutv

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Jul 18 17:57:14 UTC 2011

On 7/18/2011 13:40, Gert wrote:
> I don't want to recompile MythTV just to get support for Ziggo (DVB-C
> with CI module and smartcard) in MythTV and until now gnutv is the only
> program which records without problems from my FireDTV+CI cards.

MythTV supports CI natively.  It supports any card that handles
decryption in hardware, and exposes the high level interface.  Some
brief searching seems to indicate the FireDTV devices can be used for
encrypted content in MythTV without problem.  Any distributed Linux
packages should have DVB support built in, so I don't know what you
expect to accomplish by recompiling.