[mythtv-users] OSD timeouts

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 18 23:38:04 UTC 2011

On 07/18/2011 06:56 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:
> I haven't looked too hard yet but I recall that the pruning of setup
> options has removed a lot of the timeout tweaks for the OSD. I'd like to
> reduce the time the 'skip' and 'volume' displays are on the screen and
> perhaps extend the 'info' timeout a bit.
>
> How do I go about doing this on 0.24-fixes please?

You'd need to change code and recompile.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9706 has a patch you could use that
will allow control of OSD timeout via the theme.  I will be including
such a change before 0.25, but I'm using a slightly different approach
from the one Dave used to make it more generic (so we can use it for
more than just OSD timeout), which means the theme XML will be done
slightly differently, too.

Mike