[mythtv-users] font errors in mythfrontend

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Jul 19 13:27:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Dan Littlejohn
<dan.littlejohn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting a number of these errors in the mythfrontend log.  Are these a
> problem, how do I fix it?
>
> 2011-07-18 08:03:15.830 MythFontProperties, Warning: Use of 'font' is
> deprecated in favour of 'fontdef'
>
> Also seeing this error.
>
> 2011-07-18 08:03:16.068 MythUIImage(0x873d438) Warning: Use of gradient in
> an
> imagetype is deprecated, see shape gradients instead.
>
> Dan

The first ones simply mean you are using a theme that hasn't been
updated to use the newer <fontdef> elements to define the fonts. See
this commit for an example of what needs to change.
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8ff39aa56.

The second one is similar except it relates to how the color gradient
images are defined. You needs to use a <shape> now instead of the
<image> that was used previously. See this commit for an example of
what needs to change.
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/7ecbbdf9273c55e427708ad22854810024f3a62b#L0L209

At the moment they are just warnings but at some point in the future
both of these will fail to work so the theme will have to be updated
before they it will work properly, that may already be the case in
master can't quite remember if we've already removed them there.

Paul H.