[mythtv-users] Hauppauge USB CableCard Tuner for $129!

Lee Koloszyc pantslessape at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:15:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2011 11:54 AM, "Steven Adeff" <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> Any way to predetermine what I will/won't get or do I just have to decide
> if I feel lucky? In particular, I'm interested in Syfy & History Channels
> which I suspect/fear might be "protected".
>
> Craig.

On motorola full cable boxes you can hit  "Power, Select, Select" to get
into the diagnostics menu and see copy controls, DTA's may have one too.
Search for your boxes name and  diagnostic menu.  One of the menus should
show a variable called CCI Flag and 0x00  is copy freely.
This would have to be done per channel, you can also do it via firewire to a
cable box with a script to get all channels status, but I haven't done that
yet.

Lee