[mythtv-users] Hard-drive spindown when idle?

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Thu Jul 21 14:19:32 UTC 2011

Have been searching and seeing many scripts and methods to spin down idle
hard drives, and figured I'd check with the folks here if anyone does this
presumably with their Myth system and what method you use?

I'm interested in setting it up because I need access to my system
throughout the day for business remotely, but not the media which is on the
bigger disks, so figure I might as well set them to spin down being idle.

Thanks for any help
Bobby