[mythtv-users] Help - Lirc broken after upgrade to 0.9.0

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Sat Jul 23 02:21:00 UTC 2011

I recently upgraded my system and caught the upgrade to Lirc 0.9.0

I was using the mceusb module, which I've now compiled into my 2.6.38
kernel

I believe that I have the kernel set up correctly,
CONFIG_LIRC=y
CONFIG_IR_LIRC_CODEC=y
CONFIG_LIRC_STAGING=y
CONFIG_IR_MCEUSB=y

I've tried various options with /etc/conf.d/lircd, but at the moment I
have
LIRCD_OPTIONS=""
LIRC_DRIVER=""
in that file

dmesg | grep lirc returns two lines
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 251
rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir_lirc_code (mceusb) registered at minor = 0

from dmesg | grep mceusb, there are also lines which read
usbcore: registered new interface driver mceusb
mceusb 4-1:1.0: usb probe interface
mceusb 4-1:1.0: usb probe interface - got id
mceusb 4-1:1.0: Registered Pinnacle Systems PCTV remote USB on USB 4:2
then a bunch of tx / rx related messages

Unfortunately, when I try to start mythbackend, or lircd, I get the
error
ERROR: lircd failed to start

Consequently, my DVR is now offline until I can get this fixed.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Thanks

Jeff