[mythtv-users] Help - Lirc broken after upgrade to 0.9.0

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sat Jul 23 14:07:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Jeff Cranmer <jeff at lotussevencars.com> wrote:
> When I run 'emerge -Dav lirc', there is no longer an mceusb instance listed
> in the available 'LIRC_DEVICES' use flags.  Are you implying that I still
> need to have mceusb as well as devinput in the 'LIRC_DEVICES' entry in
> make.conf

I don't use emerge or Gentoo, so I can't speak to that.  The driver
that an mceusb receiver needs to use is called "default".

You should be able to run:

  lircd --driver=list

to get a list of supported drivers for your compiled lircd.  You won't
see mceusb there, but you must see "default" if you want this to work.
 That's the driver you need to use.  If you don't see that, you'll
need to recompile with appropriate options to get that driver enabled.

Eric