[mythtv-users] Help - Lirc broken after upgrade to 0.9.0

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Sun Jul 24 22:33:56 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-23 at 10:07 -0400, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Jeff Cranmer <jeff at lotussevencars.com> wrote:
> > When I run 'emerge -Dav lirc', there is no longer an mceusb instance listed
> > in the available 'LIRC_DEVICES' use flags.  Are you implying that I still
> > need to have mceusb as well as devinput in the 'LIRC_DEVICES' entry in
> > make.conf
>
> I don't use emerge or Gentoo, so I can't speak to that.  The driver
> that an mceusb receiver needs to use is called "default".
>
> You should be able to run:
>
>   lircd --driver=list
>
> to get a list of supported drivers for your compiled lircd.  You won't
> see mceusb there, but you must see "default" if you want this to work.
>  That's the driver you need to use.  If you don't see that, you'll
> need to recompile with appropriate options to get that driver enabled.
>
> Eric

No 'default' option listed either as a response to lircd --driver list
(null) and also no 'default' option listed in the 'LIRC_DEVICES=' make
options.

There is a 'userspace' driver option, and an 'all' driver option, but no
'default'.  I'll try compiling with LIRC_DEVICES="all" and see if that
brings up anything else.

Jeff