[mythtv-users] AutoExpire: Oldest Show First, yet newly recorded shows still expire...

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:16:57 UTC 2011

On 7/25/2011 8:56 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 25/07/11 12:50, Jim Morton wrote:
>> On 7/23/2011 12:33 PM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>>> Why would you want to record a show into the Deleted group?
>>>
>> That is a handy feature if you want to tie up a tuner at a specific time
>> but are not really interested in the recording. For example - your sat
>> box phones home at 4am every morning. You schedule a high priority
>> recording at 4am for 5 minutes with a priority on that sat box tuner and
>> direct it into the deleted group. Now the scheduler will work your real
>> recordings around that time.
>>
> There's an easy way round it, if recording into the 'Deleted' group is disabled.
> Simply record into another group with 'keep 1 episode' set in the rule. It's
> only 5 minutes, hardly going to fill up your hard disk, is it?

I hope I don't need that 347k. :-)
Putting it directly into the deleted group keeps it out of the watch
recordings list. It is really not a big deal, just a use I found for
that capability. Maybe I'll get lucky and existing rules will be allowed.