[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 25 14:23:32 UTC 2011

On 07/25/2011 08:30 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> On 25 July 2011 18:59, David Edwards wrote:
>> 2011/7/24 Warpme
>>> I'll be really grateful for any hint helping me to move forward with this
>>> very frustrating situation.
>>>
>> I do not know the MythTV code at all, but that does look like it is waiting
>> for (or actually reading) data from the DB. Have you looked at what queries
>> are running when Myth hangs? Try connecting to the database using the mysql
>> command line tool and running "show full processlist;" to see what it is up
>> to. You could also try turning on the MySQL general query log to see what it
>> is doing prior to the problem occurring:
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/query-log.html
> mytop might also be able to provide some useful information?

And, since you converted to InnoDB (which, BTW, for others reading this
thread, converting to InnoDB is not something we're recommending you
do--when we're ready to do so, MythTV will automatically update the
schema to use the InnoDB engine), please post the output of:

SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS\G

when it's deadlocked.

Thanks,
Mike