[mythtv-users] Dishnetwork Dual receivers

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Jul 25 14:39:50 UTC 2011

On 7/25/11 10:10 AM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>  wrote:
>
>> Don't hold out on buying an HDPVR because you think a Colossus driver
>> might be forthcoming.
>>
> I can confirm this.  There are no plans to release a GPL driver for
> the Colossus in the foreseeable future.

Do you mean there's little hope for one from Hauppague (to be expected),
or from the V4L developers? If the latter, would it help if we set up a
bounty to buy someone a card?

(After hearing all the horror stories about the PVR1212 both here and in
the Windows world, I really don't want to buy one. WAF is really good
right now, and I don't want to risk destroying it.)