[mythtv-users] FireDTV and MythTV (was Re: I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code))

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 25 18:21:23 UTC 2011

On 07/25/2011 02:01 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Gert wrote:
>> Could this be used in my situation ?
>> I have in my MythTV backend two FireDTV cards which have each a CI
>> adapter and payed-for smartcards but Myth cannot record from them.
>> I tried all kinds of stuff to get them properly working to no avail. But
>> gnutv records without problem from them! I use the now with some
>> crontabs to do fixed time recordings but would really like to use the
>> Scheduler/Guid from myth.
>>
>> Would it be possible to get your perl dev construction working between
>> these two ? How is tuning arranged over your Perl construction ?
> No, I don't think this would do you any good. My script doesn't let
> myth access anything that it wouldn't already have been able to access
> were it running on the other computer. Furthermore, my script didn't
> handle anything for tuning. Since tuning was done via the Ceton card's
> built in web page, and that page is accessible to every computer on my
> home network, the tuning was the same no matter whether the card was
> local or remote.

In theory, if the FireDTV cards with the CI modules are supported by
V4L/DVB, they should work fine in MythTV.  Since they work for you in
gnutv, I'm assuming they are supported by V4L/DVB  Are you sure they
don't work in MythTV and that it's not just a configuration issue?

We do support legal, allowed-by-contract-with-service-provider
hardware-based CI, so feel free to ask for help with the card,
configuration in MythTV, or whatever here.  (We do not support softcam
usage nor card sharing of paid-for smart cards.)

Mike