[mythtv-users] Loss of program guide on install of extra USb DVB tuners

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:34:31 UTC 2011

On 26 July 2011 10:29, craig lister <craigjl77 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed a extra USB DVB tuners(Digital Now Tiny Twin Ver3) to
> Mythtv 0.24.0 running under Mint11.
>
> Problem is that all the program listing data disappears. Re-running mythfill
> ie
>
> mythfilldatabase --update --file 4 ~/.shepherd/output.xmltv
>
> does not fix the problem.
>
> If I delete the two new video sources, then run the command above, the
> listings return??
>

> Any help much appreciated.

Normally you'd connect an additional DVB tuner to your existing DVB source.

The only reason not to would be if the new tuner card can receive
different channels, such as in the UK where DVBT2 tuners can receive
the HD channels.

I can't think why you'd need to add new sources but, if you do, then I
believe you need to run mythfilldatabase separately for each source.

The command you've listed

> mythfilldatabase --update --file 4 ~/.shepherd/output.xmltv

is running mythfilldatabase for sourceid 4.  Maybe when you rearrange
your sources you don't have any capture cards connected to that
source?