[mythtv-users] Framebuffer PVR 350

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 27 15:52:29 UTC 2011

On 07/27/2011 09:19 AM, Ken Smith wrote:
> My google foo is failing me today. I have a Myth system that has an
> nVidia and a PVR-350 among other things. I have managed to get X to run
> on both the nVidia and the PVR-350. (It even makes an attempt at showing
> HD material on a normal SD TV - CPU load is rather high though)
>
> The PVR-350 grabs /dev/fb0 and after X has been started, the text
> console is moved to the PVR-350 and left behind on there when X is
> stopped. I recall seeing a command to stop that happening and leave the
> machine's console on the nVidia but, can I find that now.........
>
> I know I should have bookmarked where I saw it.

When I realized that the PVR-350 decoder had too many disadvantages
compared to an nvidia video card, I simply blacklisted the PVR-350
framebuffer module--then used the PVR-350 as if it were a PVR-250/150.
I think back then it was something like:

blacklist ivtvfb

Then just configure and use the nvidia video card.

Mike