[mythtv-users] UK - eBuyer offer on eMachines SFF, frontend ?

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 11:28:30 UTC 2011

On 28 July 2011 11:56, Robert Longbottom <rongblor at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 28/07/2011 11:50, Simon Jones wrote:
> > I was thinking about this, but is it the ION 2 platform?, it describes
> > the GPU as Geforce 9200 which am not sure is ION and can cope with
> > advanced x2 deinterlacer?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Si
>
> ION 2 is Atom + Nvidia, this is AMD + Nvidia.  Even so, I'd be
> interested to hear any reports on how good the 9200 chipset is at vdpau
> playback because this is £70 cheaper than the Revo R3700 which I've been
> looking at.  Or any other comments on this box as a myth frontend.  I
> notice in one of the comments on ebuyer someone mentions that it would
> make a good mythtv frontend :-)
>
> Robert.
>

> > On 28 July 2011 10:55, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk
> > <mailto:linux at thehobsons.co.uk>> wrote:
> >
> >     Someone else (on another list) pointed this one out to me :
> >     http://www.ebuyer.com/267867-emachine-er1401-desktop-pt-nbzec-004
> >
> >     Looks like it would make a decent frontend :
> >     Processor
> >                     AMD Athlon  II Dual Core K325
> >                     NVIDIA® nForce® 9200 Chipset,
> >     Memory
> >                     2GB DDR3 RAM
> >                     2 x SODIMM slot
> >     Hard Drive
> >                     250GB SATA
> >
> >     Currently £129.99 inc VAT
> >
> >     --
> >     Simon Hobson
> >
> >     Visit http://www.magpiesnestpublishing.co.uk/ for books by acclaimed
> >     author Gladys Hobson. Novels - poetry - short stories - ideal as
> >     Christmas stocking fillers. Some available as e-books.

I am about to build one up for the father-in law similar to my
system...mythtv FE/BE/XBMC media player having suggested he get one over a
Revo (I run two Revo's) simply on the great price difference.

Had a bit of a search on the internet beforehand and it seems it should play
1080p blu-rays OK so should be fine...

Loads of information on the HUKD forums and AVforums

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/emachine-er1401-desktop-amd-athlon-dual-core-k325-2gb-250gb-nvidia-geforce-9200/984481?page=6

Confusingly the 1402 is a slower single core machine and the 1401 is the
better dual-core!

Martin