[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV and Realtek Ethernet conflict

John Haller john.h.haller at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 04:12:39 UTC 2011

The combination of InfiniTV and Realtek 8169 Gigabit Ethernet built
into my motherboard don't seem to get along. As I mentioned earlier, I
was having pixellation problems. After exchanging mail with Austin at
Ceton, I realized that if I did things which exercised the network, I
had worse problems. Removing the network jack from my NIC solved all
the problems, although that means my frontend is isolated from the
rest of my network. I'm not sure if the problem is that the NIC is a
PCI NIC, or Realtek specifically. I only have 2 PCI Express slots, and
one is for the Ceton, and the other is for the video card, so I'm in
trouble if I need a PCI Express NIC. I'll try a different NIC this
weekend. My existing spare NIC is also a Realtek.

John