[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Jul 29 12:15:01 UTC 2011

On 11-07-29 04:58 AM, warpme wrote:

> I'm using master daily on production system and my current overall impression is that it works better (much better) than 0.24.
> Comparing both: I didn't notice any areas where master has noticeable regressions to 0.24 (oh, PIP is one from them) but I see many many improvements.
> Speaking by emotions: master is much much more pleasure to use.

It would be nice if I could, but ultimately "real life" just has so much
going on currently that I can't take on a/the project of maintaining my
own myth package{s,ing} across as many machines as I have here.  I
currently rely on mythbuntu's 0.24-fixes for all of that.

And ultimately, currently, my worst case with 0.24-fixes is that I get a
lockup which I can resolve simply by restarting the backend.  Annoying,
yes, but quick to resolve -- even if I do have to do it pretty much
every time we sit down to watch.

With master I risk a regression creeping in that takes more than a
trivial amount of time to fix and in the meanwhile WAF is going even
lower because we are unable to watch for days.  I wouldn't even have an
option to fall-back to 0.24-fixes since my database schema would likely
be incompatible.

I fully appreciate and respect the "work in progress" status of master
and as such, stick to code meant for production (and WAF :-) ).

I do appreciate your input on all of that though.

Cheers,
b.