[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 4 and patches to support it

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jul 29 14:13:18 UTC 2011

> Good to know I'm not alone on the issue of card seating problems.  For anyone else reading about Ceton cards, then:
>
> I think my mobo is slightly angled away from the back panel so that
> when you tighten the clamp on the back plates, it pulls the cards
> slightly out at the far end of the connector.

I've got the same situation in my system with the motherboard being
angled, and I've noticed a similar seating issue with my old PVR-500
PCI (not PCIe) card, but at least that card never seemed to pop out
enough to break the connection. With the Ceton, I've had it pop out
just enough that it still received power when I booted up (the light
on the back would blink like it typically does on bootup), but the
drivers would never load. This happened right after I removed the
cablecard, so of course I thought I broke something. Then I put the
cablecard back in and it still didn't work after 2 reboots, so I was
thinking OH CRAP!

--
Ron Frazier