[mythtv-users] MythMetadataLookup questions

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 09:01:16 UTC 2011

On 07/30/2011 03:17 AM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> You are running your frontend in english. Thus, the grabber is
> hunting for english titles, and failing:
>
> root at Holmes:~# /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M
> "Haverikommissionen"
> root at Holmes:~#
>
> Whoops, nothing.  Because the API requires that you to specify a
> target language, and falls back to english.  If you want accurate
> matching of Swedish, run your frontend in Swedish:
Robert,

Here's another multi-language use case.

I'm in Belgium and I get a lot of channels from neighbouring countries
in multiple languages. Even on our domestic channels we get programming
in the original language (e.g. Hollywood movies or BBC content in
English, French crime drama such as Maigret in French, etc) with Dutch
subtitles. The metadata titles and subtitles are also announced in their
original language.

The principal language in my household is English, so that is the
language I run the frontend in.

Cheers, Jan