[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 2250

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Jul 30 19:00:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 13:41:17 -0500, Keith Pyle <kpyle at austin.rr.com>
wrote:
> I'm running kernel 2.6.38 with mythtv 0.24 fixes.  I've successfully
> used a 2250 for digital captures (/dev/dvb/adapterN/frontend0) but
> haven't gotten analog (/dev/videoN) to work yet.  I have the latest
> posted firmware for the card.  I can tune and capture from the analog
> device outside of myth, but the quality is poor even though using the
> same cable that provides good input to a PVR-500.  Obviously, this is
> the first problem.

You may want to try cranking up the bitrate MythTV sets the card to record
at.  Or, once you get the card working in MythTV, you may find the defaults
set for the card were simply extremely low.

> I tried setting it up in Myth as an "Analog V4L capture card" and a
> channel scan shows "Locked" and 99% signal strength, but recording in
> myth fails with the following log entries:

Correct.  The card is not an Analog V4L card, and unlike the older -150s
and -500s, I do not believe it even offers the option of operating as a
framegrabber through an alternate device.

> As an ivtv MPEG device in Myth, Myth will record but I get a solid blue
> image rather than the target program, as though it was was not tuned to
> the target channel.  The log entries are:

Make sure MythTV is set to record using the proper input.  You may also
consider connecting something like a DVD player to the baseband inputs,
just to test if MythTV is trying to use those rather than the tuner.