[mythtv-users] xv-blit used instead of opengl

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 30 20:59:44 UTC 2011

On 07/30/2011 04:31 PM, Joey Morris wrote:
> As an aside, I see only that first profile on the Settings screen for
> CPU++, despite the database showing two profiles. I checked a couple
> other groups, and the database includes more profiles than the
> Settings screen displays for them, too. For example, CPU+ has 5
> profiles in the database, but only 3 are on the Settings screen.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that they're not shown in the editor if they're for
other system types/not usable on this host.

Generally, I recommend that users never edit the example profiles, but
instead create their own custom profiles if they don't want to use an
example profile exactly as given.  With this approach, you'd have a
profile that doesn't have extra chaff for other system types.

Unfortunately, there are some issues with the non-mythui,
Qt-widget-using,
dead-code-that-needs-replacing-so-aren't-really-worth-debugging frontend
setup screens since we transitioned to Qt4 that make creating and
editing custom playback profile groups challenging.  Basically, you have
to add one then, then next, next, ... finish all the way through
Playback settings, then go back in and add the next, then out, then back
in ...

If you'd like to do this (and work around the editor bugs), you can
restore your default custom profiles as described at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles#Default_profile_groups ,
then create a custom simple profile with > 0 0, opengl, opengl2, and
whatever deinterlacers you choose.  However, since you have things
working, now, it's up to you whether to go to the trouble.

Mike