[mythtv-users] clearqam channel scanning in master?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Jul 31 12:54:15 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> I don't know that it's all that useful. Based on the info provided by
> my Ceton InfiniTV 4 card, you can get the frequencies and channels,
> but there's no easy way to determine which channels are unencrypted
> QAM.

I didn't know that.

> So you'd still need to tune them all on the HDHR and see which
> ones are usable.

But that doesn't need to be a manual process.  The hdhomerun_config
utility can relatively quickly scan all channels and determine the
encryption status.  Integrating information from scans from both types
of tuners should provide a complete map without laborious human
intervention.

Eric