[mythtv-users] oldrecorded definitive of what's been recorded previously?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jun 1 12:12:26 UTC 2011

On 11-06-01 07:53 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I (thought I) was sure that oldrecorded was the definitive list of
> what's been previously recorded.  However examining my oldrecorded, for
> a randomly small sampling, it seems to be quite empty.  Take for example:
>
> $ echo 'select title,subtitle from recorded where title like "%Modern
                                     ^^^^^^^^
Ooops.  Scrolled back to the wrong command in command history.

The oldrecorded is not much better:

$ echo 'select title,subtitle from oldrecorded where title like "%Modern
Family%"' | mysql -h pvr -u mythtv -pluaqlhhh mythconverg
title	subtitle
Modern Family	See You Next Fall
Modern Family	The One That Got Away
Modern Family	The One That Got Away

Here's another:

$ echo 'select title,subtitle from oldrecorded where title like
"%Middle%"' | mysql -h pvr -u mythtv -pluaqlhhh mythconverg
title	subtitle
The Middle	Back to Summer
The Middle	Spring Cleaning
The Middle	The Bridge

That's a show we've seen pretty much every episode of too.

Ah HA!  Some investigation reveals this in my mythconverg database dir:

-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql   3024064 2011-05-15 14:30
oldrecorded-110515213744.BAK
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql     58324 2010-11-13 10:16 oldrecorded.frm
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql   1114100 2011-06-01 08:00 oldrecorded.MYD
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql    575488 2011-06-01 08:00 oldrecorded.MYI

Any idea what that .BAK file is and what I can/need to do with it?  I'm
assuming it's some sort of broken database recovery or somesuch and that
my oldrecorded table was recreated from scratch perhaps?.

Cheers,
b.