[mythtv-users] Jumpy video

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Thu Jun 2 19:32:43 UTC 2011

_/Current status of my Mythtv instillation:/_
gary at debian:~$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-9-g3657f31
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_backend
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg
gary at debian:~$

gary at debian:~$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-9-g3657f31
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_backend
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg
gary at debian:~$

gary at debian:~$ uname --all
Linux debian 2.6.38-2-amd64 #1 SMP Sun May 8 13:51:57 UTC 2011 x86_64
GNU/Linux
gary at debian:~$

Video card is a    hauppauge pvr-150
Viewing LiveVideo looks like 2 or 3 still-pictures being displayed per
second;  Sound is also "jumppy"

I have tried google to find an answer, but found very little less than 2
or more years old,

Suggestions welcome and much appreciated

Gary