[mythtv-users] Recordings starting a minute late instead of early

Thanos Agelatos agelatos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 12:10:39 UTC 2011

Has happened to me, it seems that it is a "misconception" from my side or
"misdirection" - the message/explanation is not clear....

When it asks "how many seconds to start earlier" you should give a POSITIVE
number e.g. 60  for 1 min earlier. I had understood by mistake that you need
a negative there (the control mistakenly allows this!!) and if you put -60
it will start 1 minute LATER.

Same to the "how many seconds later to end" , if you put a negative it will
end EARLIER...

It is quite confusing and I had the BE start up later than the show because
of this. Check again your config....

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 1:27 PM, D. R. Newman
<d.r.newman at e-consultation.org>wrote:

> Has anyone else come across this problem? I have set MythTV to start
> recordings 60 seconds early (if it can). Since upgrading to 0.24, some
> recordings start a minute early, but other recordings start a minute
> late, so I miss the start of the programme.

Thanos