[mythtv-users] Recordings starting a minute late instead of early

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:15:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Thanos Agelatos <agelatos at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is clearly a matter of being precise in what is meant, because this is
> what makes a good user experience. A control cannot have text " ... seconds
> to start earlier " and allow negatives or positives. It should say "how many
> seconds to adjust the start time with" so the user can understand -60 is 60
> seconds earlier, and +60 is 60 sec. later. A tooltip may also help at that
> point with additional explanation.
> . . .
Thanos,

I'm not trying to marginalize your frustration, but I think you are
way over complicating the matter.  I can only speak towards the
American English translation and my personal interpretative of it.
But currently it is clear type of value the "second to start earlier"
field is expecting.  Positive and negative numbers are valid both by
the wording and the underlying algorithm.  And they behave as a
"common" user would expect.

-Ryan