[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Jun 3 17:15:37 UTC 2011

On 3 Jun 2011, at 17:19, Robert Longbottom wrote:

> Does anyone have any clue as to what time the BBC do this sort of thing?
>  Is it first thing in the morning on the 6th, during the day or last
> thing at night?

I'd expect first thing in the morning, then they have most of the day to sort out any problems before "most" people notice.

Sometimes there is an engineering comment in the transport stream giving the details of imminent changes, times etc. but I couldn't see anything there just now.

> I wouldn't want to miss the Psychoville finale at 10pm....

I'm sure someone will have posted some details here or DS or AVF well before then.

I'm amazed that a MythTV user knows what day never mind what time a specific programme is broadcast, that's Myth's job ;-)

Andre