[mythtv-users] Problems tuning DVB-T UK with new BBCA 8k multiplex

Dave Just justifiably at ymail.com
Sat Jun 4 10:27:51 UTC 2011

I wonder if someone can help me with this...  I'm in Edinburgh, Craigkelly
transmitter which started DSO on Wed so I've had to retune.  As usual the Myth
"Full Scan" returns a whole lot of confusion because I can receive signals from
several transmitters (so I get queried for several dozen conflicts, etc, with no

information about which transport they were found on, the UI displays messages
with meaningless DB transport index numbers while it tunes, etc).

Anyway, MythTV old hands know the cleanest way seems is to enter the transports
manually and tune only on those.  I used info here:

http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=NT233872&irt=593775

All work perfectly except the new BBCA on 522MHz which I cannot get to tune
properly in MythTV.  The scanner picks up all the channels, but the Myth tuner
sits blankly on

Signal 90% | BE 0 | (TLMs) Partial Lock

indefinitely.  The final lowercase s never goes to uppercase (I have no idea
what this means).

VLC, however, can tune to all of the channels on this multiplex without
problems, I

just need to  enter 522MHz frequency, 8MHz bandwidth, and all the BBC radio
and TV stations play perfectly.

Has anyone else managed to persuade Myth to work with this transport?

I've played with the transport parameters, deleting all channels and rescanning
for them.  dvb-utils scan returns channels like this:

BBC ONE
Scot:522000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_AUTO:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:101:102:4220

so I set correspondingly in Myth Transport options (I've also tried variations
of AUTO in the fields).

I'm running Mythbuntu with 0.24 fixes and I have USB Afatech 9015 based sticks.

I tried playing with some of the card parameters, such as tuning delays, waiting

for SEQ, etc, but none of these seem to bring me luck.

Any suggestions gratefully received...