[mythtv-users] playback fails & long "Please Wait" on playback initiation 0.24

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Jun 5 02:23:08 UTC 2011

On 2011-05-30, at 4:26 AM, Richard Morton wrote:

> I havent seen or found a report of this from anyone; any ideas?

Is there anything in your frontend log about audio buffering (or prebuffering)? I was seeing similar behaviour which until I increased the alsa audio buffer space as described here:

now SD recordings now start immediately and most HD ones start quicker. Also a few previously non-playable recordings now play.

- George