[mythtv-users] Using devinput but devinput lircd.conf file does not contain all my remote buttons on Harmony One

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 08:18:33 UTC 2011

unless there's is something i dont know about the harmony controllers, then
all it can do is clone another controller. Thus, yuo will need to find
another controller with the buttons you want to use, and setup lirc like
that.

i use my harmony to replicate the windows MCE controller (i also use the MCE
IR reciever too).
i'd start with running 'irw' from ssh, and the pressing buttons on your
remote to see if the IR reciever can see them properly. if thats ok, then
modify your lircd.conf file to reflect the desired settings.

my tv card also has an IR reciever, but from very quick prior testing, its
not upto the featureset of the mceusb reciever.

As for my harmony controller, that is setup with the MCE SE control set,
which includes the mce keyboard comands, so i can replicate keyboard keys
too.