[mythtv-users] Using devinput but devinput lircd.conf file does not contain all my remote buttons on Harmony One

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jun 5 14:09:55 UTC 2011

On Jun 4, 2011, at 6:34 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have figured out how to transition from lirc_i2c to ir-kbd-i2c using
> Fedora 14.  However, the /usr/share/lirc-remotes/devinput/lircd.conf
> file does not contain codes for every button on my Harmony One (set up
> as a MythTVKnoppMyth from the Harmony database).  How do I figure out
> what the codes for these buttons are so I can modify the lircd.conf
> file.  Or is there another remote I should set my Harmony up as?  I am
> using the IR receiver from my PVR-350 card.

modprobe ir-kbd-i2c debug=1

Then look in dmesg for stuff along the lines of "ir hauppauge (rc5): ..."
which should contain the raw signal data. Assuming that remote profile
has more in it than just the Hauppauge remote's keys, the keytable for
the driver needs to be extended. Verify you're getting stuff in dmesg for
those additional keys, and I can try to walk you through extending the
keytable as needed.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com