[mythtv-users] How does mythtv determine tuning frequency?

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:21:03 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:
>
>> On 06/04/2011 10:24 AM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
>>
>> > I expect frequency reassignments by the provider are the only thing this
>> > could be, since I haven't modified my system recently.
>> >
>> > Is it advisable to first clear the existing tables somehow?
>> >   My  channelscan_dtv_multiplex has over 300 entries in it, and my
>> > channelscan_channel table has over 2500.  I should mention my system
>> just
>> > has an HDHR and a HD-PVR.
>>
>> MythTV will take care of that for you.  However, I tend to like to
>> always start channel setup from a known location--completely clean
>> setup.  So, for that, I do the video sources portion of
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .
>>

> Thanks Mike, that's what I needed to know.

It appears that doing a Deleta All Video Sources followed by a Delete All
Capture Cards does not clear out the three channelscan (only two of which
perhaps are still used anymore; I think the third, "channelscan", may be
leftover in my DB from a long time ago) tables in the DB.  I will clear
these manually before adding back the cards and sources.

-Jerry