[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Mon Jun 6 08:37:57 UTC 2011

Another Sillyname wrote:
> {snip}
>>>
>> This shouldn't need a rescan.
>>
>> The following should work (I haven't tested this so someone else needs
>> to), please note THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE - the final polarity=v is
>> lower case.
>>
>> mysql -umythtv -pxxxxxx(insert password) -e"UPDATE
>> mythconverg.channelscan_dtv_multiplex set mod_sys='DVB-S2' where
>> frequency='10788000' and polarity='v' ;"
>>
>> If you then stop and restart the backend it should work.
>>

> PLEASE NOTE MY PREVIOUS POSTING WILL ONLY WORK IF YOUR CARD SUPPORTS
> DVB-S2, PLEASE MAKE SURE OF THIS BEFORE TRYING!!!!
>
> Apologies for shouting, but I should have put this in the original post.

I have made this db change this morning and the BBC HD streams have
vanished as far as my Hauppauge DVB-S2 card is concerned. Notably this
card has never found the CH4 HD stream either. Is this card not really
S2 capable even though the box says it is...? /var/log/messages has an
entry that suggests it can do S2.

I bought two at the time, the other for a friends myth system, they
looked visibly identical, but that system has found CH4 HD. I was
thinking that my dish alignment isn't quite right, but that may not be
the case. My myth system is 0.23 and my friends is a newer build at
0.24. Both are Centos and using the Video4linux drivers from ATRPM's.
But a command line scan of the the adapter on my system does not show
Ch4 HD or the BBC steams in the output, so I don't think its a Myth
version issue.

Or is there some firmware issue, but both systems are using the same
version of that? Anyone know more about these cards? Debugging
ideas/alternative card??

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.